Welcome to our 35th Year of Music Instruction! Thank you all for making this a wonderful year at Jan Williams School of Music & Theatre! We so appreciate all of you and how warm and welcoming you have been. We move forward this year, believing that the music instruction your family receives here is warm, engaging, and of enduring quality.
Here is what you need to know:
2019/2020 JWSM Calendar:
- First fall classes start the week of Aug 19th. If you have not confirmed your time slot with your teacher, please do so immediately.
Please note that we do not close for any other holidays except the dates listed below. Even if your school is closed, we are open
for lessons. In the case of weather-related closings, which are very rare, a message will be left on the studio voicemail and on the
red banner at the top of our website home page: www.janwilliamsmusic.com.
Labor Day: Monday, Sept 2 (studio closed)
Thanksgiving Break: Monday – Friday, November 25-29
Christmas Recitals: Friday & Saturday, December 6 & 7
Christmas Break: Monday – Friday, Dec 23 – Jan 3
Spring Break: Monday – Friday, March 16-20
Spring Recitals: Friday & Saturday, May 1 & 2
End of Semester: Friday, May 22
YOUR FIRST TUITION CHECK will be for Aug/Sept due to our monthly tuition payment system (August weeks are rolled to December). The next tuition will be due the first week of October.
Please read the following instructions on tuition, as there are some important changes:
- Our school year is divided into 9 equal payments. (Due to holidays, breaks, and the nature of the calendar, some months could yield 3, 4, or 5 lessons – it will vary, but you will get 36 weeks/9 months of lessons over the school semester.)
- YOUR TUITION IS DUE at your FIRST LESSON of each month! We need to be respectful of our teachers and their dedication to teaching. Your teacher is not paid until your tuition is paid. Any tuition payment received after the 12th of the month will be subject to a late fee of $25.
- If you pay by personal check: Make your check out to JWSM or Jan Williams School of Music.
- You can make your payments online through our website. Click on the “FOR STUDENTS” menu item and select “Online Payments” (a convenience fee will be added).
- Please contact Kristi if you would like her to run your credit card monthly for you. She will be happy to take on this task for you.
- Habitually late payments can be a sign of a busy life. If you have three or more late payments, we will ask you to set up a recurring credit card payment so that our teachers do not have to go into “collection mode”.
- No credits/rebates for missed lessons by the student. Please see our policy sheet for illness-related absences. If your teacher misses a lesson, they will schedule a makeup lesson or the lesson credited, if it is impossible to make up.
Remember: Your children won’t always participate in sports, but the gift of music will last a lifetime! Thank you for your support over these many years! We are blessed by your families, and we are so grateful for the new people you send our way. Thank you so very much!
For a PDF version of these 2019/2020 Keynotes, click here.